The English Civil War (1642-1651) started when Charles I raised his royal standard in Nottingham. The split between Charles and Parliament was such that neither side was willing to back down over the principles that they held and war was inevitable as a way in which all problems could be solved. The country split into those who supported the King and those who supported Parliament – the classic ingredients for a civil war. This blog will record my wargaming journey through the English Civil War using 28mm miniatures.

Saturday, 1 April 2017

ECW Battle Scenes (The Kingdom is Ours Rule-set from Bicorne Miniatures)

I recently played two games on consecutive days, The Battle of Gloucester and then The Battle of Monmouthshire. As a result, I completely lost track of the events of each battle (middle age is clearly taking it's toil on my short-term memory). But in the interest of sharing some interesting battle scenes from the games, please find a selection of photos below. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely looking games and table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid, Lord Raglan! I'm very excited about the ECW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need to pop down for a game and staying over night mate.

      Delete
    2. Yes would love to at some stage. I'm just about getting to the ECW painting stage here, although I doubt I will be as fast as you!

      Delete
    3. You will be very welcome.

      Delete
  3. This looks excellent, top draw scenery & toys, good work.
    Not sold on the casualty dice thing but hey it's not my game!
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete